The term Constitutional supremacy means that, the constitution is supreme over the parliament. And parliament can exercise its function being only within bounds of the constitution. Constitutional supremacy is only possible where the constitution is written and rigid.
Features and Characteristic of the Constitutional supremacy:
Some intrinsic features of constitutional supremacy are given below.
1. The condition of the constitutional supremacy is that, the constitution must be written.
2. The constitution must be rigid and maintain procedure.
3. In constitutional supremacy, there has distinction between constitutional law and ordinary law.
4. Parliament is created by the constitution itself.
5. Parliament can exercise its function being only within the bounds of the constitution.
6. In constitutional supremacy, there has judicial review.
7. If any contradiction between constitutional law and ordinary law of the republic, the constitution shall get prevail and get priority.
Example Countries: Constitutional supremacy has found all democratic country. Such as Bangladesh, India, Pakistan or USA etc.